- Joined the Giving Pledge: 04/17/2012 - Read the Letter
- Estimated Net Worth: $1.3 billion
- Forbes Rank: #906
- Industry: Investment management
- Born: Bill Ackman - 1966
- Residence: New York, NY
Bill Ackman is founder and CEO of the hedge fund Pershing Square Capital Management. An "activist investor," Ackman is known for his efforts to reshape the retail merchant JC Penney.
Charitable Board Service
I am not a particularly religious person, and believe that my limited time on earth is all that I am going to get. And I have lived with that understanding, doing my best to extract as much out of life as I can. I get tremendous pleasure from helping others. It's what makes my life worth living.
Arts / Culture; Cancer research; Community and Economic Development; Education; Health Organizations; Human Services; Jewish Organizations
News from PND
- 2017 Pershing Square Sohn Prize Winners Named
- Pershing Square Awards $5.4 Million to Oxford MBA Scholarship Program
- New York City Mayor Enlists Wealthy to Address Income Inequality
- Broad Institute Receives $20 Million to Address Drug-Resistant TB
- Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Receives $10 Million for Research Fund