- Joined the Giving Pledge: 05/30/2017 - Read the Letter
- Estimated Net Worth: $3.6 billion
- Forbes Rank: Not Ranked
- Born: 1941
- Residence: San Francisco, CA
Dagmar Dolby was married to Ray Dolby (who died in 2013) founder of Dolby Laboratories and inventor of audio systems used in the entertainment industry for the last 50 years. German born and educated, with a translator’s degree from Heidelberg University, Dagmar came to San Francisco from London in 1976. After board experiences in the local arts and educational organizations, she became an ardent pro-choice activist by expanding NARAL’s visibility in the S.F. Bay Area and is currently engaged in supporting programs and research in the Brain Health and Alzheimer’s field.
I am delighted to confirm my plans to devote the major part of my estate to charitable causes. This is a decision my late husband, Ray Dolby, and I made many years ago, and will enable our sons, Tom and David, and their families to carry on these efforts to improve our communities.
News from PND
- University of Cambridge Receives $114 Million From Dolby Estate
- Giving Pledge Announces Fourteen New Signatories
- University of Cambridge Receives $52.6 Million Bequest