- Joined the Giving Pledge: 05/28/2015 - Read the Letter
- Estimated Net Worth: $1.8 billion
- Forbes Rank: #1011
- Industry: Dairy Manufacturing
- Born: 1972
- Residence: Norwich, NY
Turkish born Hamdi Ulukaya is the founder of Chobani, the largest Greek yogurt manufacturer in the United States. Ulukaya has previously directed 10% of his company's profits into the Chobani Foundation, promoting food accessibility and entrepreneurship.
I have always planned to give most of what I had. Growing up, I watched my mother give to those who needed and it came from the most amazing place in her heart... I believe that as people who have been blessed with opportunity in our own lives we must give hope to others.
Downs Syndrome; Entrepreneurship; Food Accessibilty; Refugees
News from PND
- Hamdi Ulukaya Awards $5 Million to Train Turkish Entrepreneurs
- 'Giving Pledge' Announces Ten Families as New Signatories
- Chobani Founder Joins Giving Pledge
- CECP Announces 2015 Excellence Awards in Corporate Philanthropy
- Chobani and Other Donors Pay Off Lunch Debt, After Controversial Plan Unveiled
— National Public Radio: 5/10/2019
- Chobani CEO pledges to donate most of wealth
— Associated Press: 5/28/2015
- Hamdi Ulukaya: Boxers or Briefs?
— New York Times: 10/24/2014