- Joined the Giving Pledge: 02/19/2013 - Read the Letter
- Estimated Net Worth: $10.5 billion
- Forbes Rank: #113
- Industry: Software Engineering
- Born: 1944
- Residence: Heidelberg, Germany
Hasso Plattner is a co-founder of software company SAP AG. He is principal in Hasso Plattner Ventures and the controlling owner of the San Jose Sharks of the National Hockey League. Plattner has also joined the Bill Gates-led Breakthrough Energy Coalition.
- Hasso Plattner Foundation for Software Systems Engineering
Charitable Board Service
On one hand I feel obliged to support the company I once co-founded and on the other hand I want to give back to the society which enabled my education. The foundation is a way to do both.
AIDS; Clean Energy; Higher education; Historic preservation and historical societies; Information technology research; South Africa
News from PND
- Breakthrough Energy Coalition Launches $1 Billion Ventures Fund
- Twelve Billionaires From Outside U.S. Join 'Giving Pledge'
- Disenchanted With Welfare State, Germans Turn to Private Sector
Hasso Plattner Institute: Free Open Online Course Introduces the Semantic Web
— PR Newswire: 01/21/2013