- Joined the Giving Pledge: 05/28/2019 - Read the Letter
- Estimated Net Worth: n/a
- Forbes Rank: Not Ranked
- Residence: Seattle, WA
MacKenzie Scott, with her former husband Jeff Bezos, helped create Amazon, the online retail giant.
She is the author of two novels, and the recipient of an American Book Award. She lives in Seattle with her four children.
MacKenzie has supported marriage equality through Washington United for Marriage, transitional housing for homeless families through the Day 1 Families Fund, college scholarships for undocumented immigrants brought to the United States as minors through TheDream.US, and efforts to reduce political polarization through With Honor, a nonpartisan organization working to increase the number of veterans in political office.
She has funded cancer research through donations to the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, and Alzheimer’s research through the Diagnostics Accelerator at the Alzheimer's Drug Discovery Foundation.
In 2013, she founded Bystander Revolution, an anti-bullying organization, where she serves as executive director.
We each come by the gifts we have to offer by an infinite series of influences and lucky breaks we can never fully understand. In addition to whatever assets life has nurtured in me, I have a disproportionate amount of money to share. My approach to philanthropy will continue to be thoughtful. It will take time and effort and care. But I won’t wait. And I will keep at it until the safe is empty.
News from PND
- Bezos Family Foundation, MacKenzie Scott support maternal health care
- LISC aims to raise, invest $1 billion to tackle racial inequality
- Additional details of MacKenzie Scott's philanthropy disclosed
- Schusterman Family Foundation commits $10 million for gender equality
- MacKenzie Scott announces recipients of $1.67 billion in grants