- Joined the Giving Pledge: 05/07/2013 - Read the Letter
- Estimated Net Worth: $1.1 billion
- Forbes Rank: #1577
- Industry: Apparel manufacturing
- Born: 1971
- Residence: Atlanta, GA
Sara Blakely is the founder of Spanx, a hosiery and undergarment company estimated to be valued at more than $1 billion. Blakely focuses her philanthropy on women's education and entrepreneurship.
- The Spanx by Sara Blakely Foundation Inc.
- For Year Ending: 12/31/2018
- Assets: $21,993,224
- Giving: $1,082,558
- 990-PF and more at Foundation Directory Online
Charitable Board Service
I pledge to invest in women because I believe it offers one of the greatest returns on investment. While many of the world's natural resources are being depleted, one is waiting to be unleashed — women.
Arts / Culture; Entrepreneurship; Human Services; Leadership Training; Women
News from PND
Spanx Mogul Sara Blakely Becomes First Female Billionaire to Join Gates-Buffett Giving Pledge
— Forbes: 05/07/2013
Spanx's Sara Blakely: Turning $5,000 Into $1 Billion With Panties
— CNN: 12/5/1202
Spanx, Re-Shaping Women's Self-Confidence, Opens Stores
— ABC News: 11/29/2012
Sara Blakely: Spanx a Billion