Tad and Dianne Taube
- Joined the Giving Pledge: 05/07/2013 - Read the Letter
- Estimated Net Worth: $650 million
- Forbes Rank: Not Ranked
- Industry: Real estate and apparel manufacturing
- Born: 1932
- Residence: San Francisco, CA
Tad Taube is chairman and founder of the Woodmont Company, a commercial real estate investment and management company. He was chairman and CEO of Koracorp Industries until its merger with Levi Strauss in 1979. Taube was a founder of the short-lived United States Football League and was principal owner of the Oakland Invaders football franchise.
Because pride of country and promoting a replication of its successes drove my early philanthropy — concern with a diminishment of our national character is driving much of my philanthropy today. Education reform initiatives, public policy programs, advocacy forums, and constitutional education workshops now represent an increasing level of my philanthropic dollars.
Arts; Community and Economic Development; Education; Health; Human Services; Jewish agencies and synagogues
News from PND
- Taubes Pledge $20 Million for Lucile Packard Children's Hospital
- Taubes Give $14.5 Million to Address Youth Addiction, Concussions
- Taube Philanthropies Awards $5 Million to Museum of the Jewish People
- Taube Philanthropies Awards $3 Million for Huntington's Research
- Hebrew Union College Receives $15 Million From Taube Philanthropies