- Joined the Giving Pledge: 02/19/2013 - Read the Letter
- Estimated Net Worth: $13.5 billion
- Forbes Rank: #78
- Industry: Mining
- Born: 1961
- Residence: Moscow, Russia
Through the Interros Company, Vladimir Potanin controls Russian nickel giant Norilsk Nickel. Since 2003, Potanin has been involved with efforts to improve Russian government and business ethics and standards.
I genuinely believe that wealth should work for public good and, therefore, I am trying to make my own contribution toward a better world, especially toward a better future for my own country, Russia.
Arts; Cultural/Ethnic Awareness; Education; Museums; Russia; Scholarships and financial aid
News from PND
- Interest in Philanthropy Growing Among Russian Billionaires
- Twelve Billionaires From Outside U.S. Join 'Giving Pledge'
- Kennedy Center Receives $5 Million Gift From Vladimir Potanin Foundation
- Russian Oligarch Pledges Fortune to Charity
First Russian Billionaire to Give Away Half of His Fortune
— TV-Novosti: 02/19/2013