- Joined the Giving Pledge: 08/04/2010 - Read the Letter
- Estimated Net Worth: $66.4 billion
- Estimated Lifetime Giving: $25 billion
- Forbes Rank: #3
- Industry: Investment; Banking finance; Insurance
- Born: 1930
- Residence: Omaha, NE
Warren Buffett is founder and CEO of the multinational conglomerate holding company Berkshire Hathaway.
I've worked in an economy that rewards someone who saves the lives of others on a battlefield with a medal, rewards a great teacher with thank-you notes from parents, but rewards those who can detect the mispricing of securities with sums reaching into the billions. In short, fate's distribution of long straws is wildly capricious.
Agriculture and Food; Animals and wildlife; Arts / Culture; Civil / Human Rights; Community and Economic Development; Education; Environment; Health Care; Human Services; United Ways and Federated Giving Programs; Women's rights
News from PND
- Howard G. Buffett Commits $200 Million for Development in Colombia
- Gateses' 2020 Letter Looks Back on Two Decades of Successes, Failures
- Premji Tops 2019 Forbes List of Biggest Philanthropic Givers
- Buffett Tops Forbes Ranking of Biggest Givers in 2018
- Buffett Tops Forbes 2019 Ranking of Biggest Lifetime Givers