- Joined the Giving Pledge: 08/04/2010 - Read the Letter
- Estimated Net Worth: $66.4 billion
- Estimated Lifetime Giving: $25 billion
- Forbes Rank: #3
- Industry: Investment; Banking finance; Insurance
- Born: 1930
- Residence: Omaha, NE
Warren Buffett is founder and CEO of the multinational conglomerate holding company Berkshire Hathaway.
I've worked in an economy that rewards someone who saves the lives of others on a battlefield with a medal, rewards a great teacher with thank-you notes from parents, but rewards those who can detect the mispricing of securities with sums reaching into the billions. In short, fate's distribution of long straws is wildly capricious.
Agriculture and Food; Animals and wildlife; Arts / Culture; Civil / Human Rights; Community and Economic Development; Education; Environment; Health Care; Human Services; United Ways and Federated Giving Programs; Women's rights
News from PND
- Ten on 2020 Forbes 400 receive top philanthropy score
- Philanthropist Doris Buffett dies at 92
- Warren Buffett gives $2.9 billion in Berkshire Hathaway shares
- U.S. billionaires' wealth up $434 billion during pandemic, study finds
- Howard G. Buffett Commits $200 Million for Development in Colombia