David G. Booth
- Joined the Giving Pledge: 05/31/2018 - Letter Pending
- Estimated Net Worth: $1.58 billion
- Forbes Rank: #1477
- Industry: Mutual funds; Investment management
- Born: 1946
- Residence: Austin, TX
In 1981, David Booth founded the investment firm, Dimensional Fund Advisors where he remains Executive Chairman. He holds a BA from the University of Kansas, where David Booth Kansas Memorial Stadium is named after him, and an MBA from the University of Chicago, where the Booth School of Business is also named in his honor. He is a trustee of the University of Chicago, the University of Kansas Endowment Association, and New York's Museum of Modern Art.
Booth and his wife Suzanne have an active relationship with the California Community Foundation, where they channel much of their philanthropic support. They have supported charter schools, environmental conservancy and the arts in Texas, developmental learning initiatives in California, as well as museums, in Texas, nationally, and internationally, including the Pompidou Centre in Paris.
News from PND
- UT Austin Receives $10 Million for Giant Magellan Telescope
- Giving Pledge Announces Fourteen Additional Signatories